Friday, April 1, 2011

What a nice weather in Hoofddorp. The sun is setting, my french windows are open and it's very warm in here. If this continues tomorrow I'll go on a long tour on my bicycle.
10 year old car in Iceland is usually worn out and not all cars make it to their tenth year. In The Netherlands a 10 year old car is worn and has been driven more than in Iceland but it has few years of usable life left. There is a difference in how the cars are driven and the roads. It never ceases to amaze me that no one here is ever in a hurry. You see almost nothing of the me, me, me attitude that is so common in Iceland. If someone pulls into the road in front of you, you just stop and let him go, you weren't going too fast so you didn't have to brake hard. This is one of the reasons I almost never see cars here that need cosmetic repairs and it's also one of the reasons that there are so few accidents here.

No comments:

Post a Comment