Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yet another day in paradise. The weather is good, but the skies are cloudy. I'm going to stay at home and read some books on my Kindle.
I don't know if it's my imagination or has the number of books featuring female detectives, or heroines, multiplied in the last few years. Saras Paretskys detective/heroine, W.I. Warshawski, from the late eighties, early nineties, is the first I remember. Maybe because in the movie Warshawski was played by Kathleen Turner, who was one of my favorite actresses. (Her appearance on the TV show "Friends", as Joeys gay father, had me laughing so hard I cried, especially since the woman I was watching that episode with commented "What an ugly guy".) Around ,or shortly before the Millennium, Janet Evanovich wrote her first "Plum" stories. The first "Stephanie Plum" story "One for the money" will come to the silver-screen next winter, starring Katherine Heigl. Maybe I'm just noticing all these stories because Amazon pushes them at me. Amazon thinks I'm interested in those storied because I've bought the "Plum" novels. If you remember earlier stories please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment